Pages

Monday 22 February 2010

6 days and counting...

It's only 6 days to the Beast 2010 and guess what?!? It's snowing again. Oh joy. The thought of doing the Beast in sub-zero temperatures is bad enough, but this also means that my marathon training is going a bit awry. With only 20 days until the Kilomathon as well, this is a bit of a disaster.

So far I have managed a 12 mile long run. I really want to do at least 13 miles before the event - more for my confidence than my pace. Knowing I can get to 13 miles means that (if necessary) I could walk the last 3 miles and still get to the finish line before the dreaded Sweeper Bus!

So for the next few days I'm carrying my kit around with me in the hope that at least one unsnowy night I can strap on those trainers and do a long run after work. If not, I can at least get some short, sharp tempo runs in so I'm not the last Beast home!

Wish me luck.

Here's mud in your eye.

No comments: