Pages

Thursday 25 February 2010

Half marathon down... horse jump to go

My tactic of carrying a backpack with kit around with me has paid off and I took advantage of the snowlessness to put in a long run after work this week. A very long run. 13.14 miles to be exact. Now this is the furthest I have ever run in my entire life. I did a half marathon in December 2004 and although I wasn't last, I could see it from where I was.

I did my long run in 2 hours 7 mins 13 secs, which you might think is rather slow, but bear in mind that my half marathon in 2004 was 2 hours 37 mins 6 secs and you can see how far I've come in a relatively short period.

Just a short 3 mile tempo run (fast pace) tomorrow to keep the legs and lungs going before Sunday's crazy Beast run! I'll let you know how that goes...

BTW, Jim says Hi.

Here's mud in your eye.

No comments: