Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Day 21 of Run December

So, only 10 more days to go. I'm a bit sad about it, but let's not cry and instead take a look at what this week has thrown at me so far. There are sub-zero temperatures, cameras, celebrities and small dogs. All that and it's only just Tuesday. Phew.

Day 20 (known to most people by the name of Monday) saw me heading back to the running club. I was looking forward to the run with my usual group of newbies, even though the temperature has been firmly below zero for days and the countryside was swathed in a blanket of frost. However, I knew there was a problem when I was greeted by only the fastest 6 runners in the club. These are the kind of runners who say 'let's go for a little 6 miler' and then 6 miles later you find yourself on the other side of the city with a 3 mile long hill between you and your car. Now, I am a tortoise, not a hare. Actually I am an arthritic tortoise carry some rather heavy shopping. So the only thought to cross my mind was "I'm actually going to die". Luckily another slower runner came along and we headed out together for a nice hour-long jog along the canal into town. Colette on the other hand headed off with the speedy lot and 6 miles later found herself on the other side of the city...

Today was an interesting day, mainly because I became a bit of a girl and went to watch Gok Wan put on a catwalk show for his Fashion Fix Roadshow. Iiiiiiiits ffffffff-ashion. Me and about 799 others cheered, clapped and wooooohooooo'd for 2 hours while watching models who looked like their legs would snap if someone sneezed in their general direction waddle strangely up a catwalk in ridiculous shoes. Oh yeah, and I'm going late night shopping tomorrow for the skirt on the fourth outfit. Then on the way home I spotted Stephen Mulhern heading into the Theatre Royal to do his evening stint in the panto. Oh yes I did!* But I digress, the late home-coming resulted in a little mile, so I could eat a homemade meal for a change instead of cheese and crackers.

What? The small dogs? I got chased by them. I'd rather not talk about it *shudder*.

Run December - Day 20
Distance: 6.38 miles
Time: 65.46 mins
Weather: Frosty the Snowman
Surface: Canal towpaths

Run December - Day 21
Distance: 1.07 miles
Time: 10.33 mins
Weather: Baltic
Surface: Moonlit

Here's mud in your eye.

*I apologise for the quality of this post. But frankly if you are upset by it, you really shouldn't be on the internet, it only gets worse.

No comments: