Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Day 15 of Run December

This week was always going to be a challenge for The Challenge, and it has not let me down. We're half way through and my body is starting to rebel. Let me take you through my day (I'll be quick).

If you read yesterday's blog post you'll remember that I was a tad tired. Well I managed to prove just how tired, by sleeping right through 2 alarm clocks and waking up at 8.53am. The odd expletive may have been used. This also meant that I didn't have time to sort out my kit for the run home from work.

The day continued to go downhill by including a missed delivery note from the postie to deal with *sigh* and a manic lunchtime shopping session which I returned from extremely pleased with myself for finding a cracking Secret Santa pressie, only to then realise that I had forgotten to buy any lunch *facepalm*.

So after work I had to:
  1. Pick up the package from the Royal Mail Delivery Office
  2. Make a pasta salad for 30 people
  3. Wrap a load of pressies
  4. Pack a bag with more outfits than Cheryl Cole uses in a week for tomorrow's Work/Run/Xmas party extravaganza
  5. Do my hour BritMilFit session
  6. Squeeze in a run for the challenge
Now, I am not a fool. I knew I couldn't fit all that in before 9pm, so I did the only thing I could do. I cheated.

The pasta salad came from Sainsburys. The pressies have gone into ready made boxes and bags. And I ran to and from the BritMilFit session. Badda bing. I AM INVINCIBLE!

(PS check out the pace of the homeward run after an hour of being beasted with the Advanced group. Think I could have walked it faster)

Run December - Day 15 (to BritMilFit)
Distance: 1.51 miles
Time: 14.46 mins
Weather: Quite nice
Surface: Hard.

Run December - Day 15 (back home)
Distance: 1.52 miles
Time: 15.48 mins
Weather: No change there
Surface: hilly pavement slabs

Here's mud in your eye.

No comments: